These are a simple little biscuit, they are quite easy to make, and everyone at our house likes them! 🙂
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup jam
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 – 200 degrees C (375-400 F).
2. Beat butter and sugar to a cream.
3. Sift flour.
4. Add lightly beaten egg and vanilla. Beat well.
5. Add to creamed mixture. Mix well to form a stiff paste.
6. Take teaspoonfuls of mixture and roll into balls. (I made mine a bit bigger than this, and I had to press them down with a fork.)
7. Place on greased oven trays, allowing room for spreading.
8. Make a hollow in each with the floured end of a wooden spoon.
9. Place a little jam in each biscuit.
10. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
11. Allow to cool on tray.
Makes about 30 very delicious biscuits! 🙂
These are for serious chocolate lovers!
- 125gm butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 250 gm chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick paper.
3. Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugar in large bowl until combined.
4. Add egg and mix well.
5. Stir in combined sifted cocoa, self-raising flour, and plain flour. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
6. Roll 1 tablespoon of mixture into a ball, and place on tray. Allow room for spreading.
7. Bake for 12 mins.
8. Let stand for 5 mins on tray before moving to a wire rack to cool.
Makes about 24 scrumptious, extra-chocolatey biscuits!
ANZAC biscuits are Australia’s favourite biscuits. They were first made by the women at home during World War 1, for the soldiers who were overseas. They can be baked to be crunchy or chewy, and even in our house, where they are very popular, opinions are divided as to which way they’re best!
I hope you will enjoy them! 😀
1 cup rolled oats 2 tablespoons water
¾ cup coconut 1 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1 cup plain flour 6 tablespoons of butter
1 cup sugar 1 tablespoon honey or golden syrup
- Preheat oven to: Electric, 150 degrees C, 300 degrees F, or Gas, 140-150 degrees C, 275-300 degrees F.
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Add rolled oats, sugar and coconut. Mix well.
- Combine butter, golden syrup and water in a saucepan.
- Heat until butter melts.
- Add soda, allow to foam and pour immediately into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Spoon heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture onto greased oven trays. Allow room for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Loosen and allow to cool on trays.