ANZAC biscuits are Australia’s favourite biscuits. They were first made by the women at home during World War 1, for the soldiers who were overseas. They can be baked to be crunchy or chewy, and even in our house, where they are very popular, opinions are divided as to which way they’re best!
I hope you will enjoy them! 😀
1 cup rolled oats 2 tablespoons water
¾ cup coconut 1 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1 cup plain flour 6 tablespoons of butter
1 cup sugar 1 tablespoon honey or golden syrup
- Preheat oven to: Electric, 150 degrees C, 300 degrees F, or Gas, 140-150 degrees C, 275-300 degrees F.
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Add rolled oats, sugar and coconut. Mix well.
- Combine butter, golden syrup and water in a saucepan.
- Heat until butter melts.
- Add soda, allow to foam and pour immediately into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Spoon heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture onto greased oven trays. Allow room for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Loosen and allow to cool on trays.