These are a simple little biscuit, they are quite easy to make, and everyone at our house likes them! 🙂
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup jam
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 – 200 degrees C (375-400 F).
2. Beat butter and sugar to a cream.
3. Sift flour.
4. Add lightly beaten egg and vanilla. Beat well.
5. Add to creamed mixture. Mix well to form a stiff paste.
6. Take teaspoonfuls of mixture and roll into balls. (I made mine a bit bigger than this, and I had to press them down with a fork.)
7. Place on greased oven trays, allowing room for spreading.
8. Make a hollow in each with the floured end of a wooden spoon.
9. Place a little jam in each biscuit.
10. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
11. Allow to cool on tray.
Makes about 30 very delicious biscuits! 🙂